Latest update following recent UK Government announcement
Keeping You Safe - for all breaks from 29th November 2021
Due to the easing of Government restrictions, we are returning to operating the hotel to our new ‘normal.’ Due to Covid-19 we have had to make a few alterations to some operational procedures and these are detailed below. We recommend that you read through this and ensure all members of your group are aware of this information.
If you have any concerns about your stay, our team will be happy to talk to you further about these.
We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 that you do not travel to the hotel. These include: A high temperature, a new and persistent cough, or a sudden loss of taste or smell.
First, and foremost, there is an onus on our Guests as well as us, to behave responsibly if they, or a member of their family/party are showing symptoms of Covid-19 during their stay. Guests should follow government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.
If a guest informs us that they have symptoms they will need to adhere to the following protocol :
- Self-isolate in their room immediately, along with any relevant member of their family or party, such as those sharing rooms.
- Arrange an NHS test
- Return Home
- We are unable to allow guests to isolate for an indefinite period at either of our hotels.
Arrival & check-in
The NHS QR code will still be available for guests to scan at entrances and reception.
- Please follow the signs to Reception where you will be provided with a Welcome Pack per room containing guest information, your room key and ID card. Please note access to rooms has been changed to 4pm - For the safety of guests and our staff you are NOT PERMITTED to enter your room prior to 4pm.
- Hand sanitising stations will still be provided at hotel entrances and in reception areas for you to use.
- Although restrictions have been lifted our staff will still not be able to assist with luggage or belongings. This is purely for the protection of our guests and staff. If, however, you have any special requirements, please let us know before you arrive so we can make the necessary preparations with everybody’s safety in mind.
Manor House Hotel
- For your safety and to allow for better social distancing tables will be unallocated for ALL meals, breakfast, lunch and evening meal. We will operate on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis during these times.
- If the dining room is busy we will be operating a ‘buzzer system’ so that guests can retire to the bar lounges until they are notified that a table has become available.
- Wine and drinks in the dining room will be available to order, and paid for, via our new ‘Ordery App’ in the evening
- Tables will remain allocated for breakfast and evening meal. As guests can have lunch at either hotel – tables will remain unallocated for this meal.
- Wine and drinks in the dining room will be available to order, and paid for, via our ‘Ordery App’ in the evening.
- Normal service will resume at both hotels with guests being able to order, and collect drinks, directly from the bar. We would prefer contactless payment where possible or, alternatively, charge to your room.
- Screen and floor distancing stickers will remain in place in, and around, these areas.
- We are pleased to announce that we now havemost of our facilities, activities and crafts available. However, we currently only have 2 outdoor tennis courts available due to ongoing maintenance.
- Sports equipment will remain available at reception – cash deposits applicable.
- Please note that some of our golf bunkers will remain out of play at the current time. We are working hard to bring all back into play as soon as possible.
- Please be advised we no longer offer Painting & Sketching or Picture Framing. Jewellery making will only be available at the Ashbury Hotel during school holidays. In addition, we will no longer be offering our Hot Press Printing service from our craft shop. Please be advised that the Ashbury offers a reduced activity programme during non-peak times however guests are still able to book for activities at the Manor House.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Housekeeping will NOT enter your room during your stay. Replenishment of bedroom refreshments and clean towels will be available from reception. Please leave any dirty towels in the bags provided outside your room. We have maintained this throughout Covid-19 and have decided, for the safety of both our guests and staff, to continue to not offer this service in order to reduce the risk of spread and infectio
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Please ensure you have read your confirmation thoroughly and that you have notified us of any information that may be relevant to your booking eg ground floor, shower only etc. If we are not notified prior to arrival then we may not be able to accommodate your request.
MASKS - We would ask all guests to wear face coverings when going into our buffet and in all public areas. In line with the recent government announcement masks are mandatory when entering all of our shops i.e. craft shop, manor house shop and golf shop
- CHECK OUT – Please ensure your room is vacated by 10 am on the day of departure and any outstanding balance on your room account is settled prior to departure.
- CASH ON SITE – Cash will be accepted on site with the exception of the craft centre however we would ask guests to use contactless payment methods wherever possible.
- BILLING ITEMS TO YOUR ROOM - On your arrival day you are only able to bill items to your room after 4pm once you are resident. On your departure day we are unable to bill items to your room, these must be paid for by card.
- DIETARY REQUIREMENTS – please ensure that you, or any members of your group (should they have any specific dietary needs) have submitted the dietary requirement form on our website prior to their arrival.
- GROUP BOOKINGS – Please forward the names of all members of your groups that we can allocate rooms accordingly. If we do not have this information, it could delay check-in on your day of arrival. You can submit this information by emailing email@example.com. Please include your reference number, the name of the guest and the type of room they require.
We thank you for your time in reading this and ask that you make sure all members of your group are aware of this information.